See Nominees for Audiobook Of The Year
& Distinguished Achievement In Production
April 11, 2012
(VOXtra) - The Audio Publishers Association (APA) today announced four finalists for the prestigious Audiobook of the
Year Award and four finalists for the Distinguished Achievement in
The winners will be named and honored at the 17th Annual
Audies® Gala and Awards Presentation on Tuesday, June 5 at The New-York Historical Society in New York City.
FOR AUDIOBOOK OF THE YEAR ...
The four titles in the running for the 2012 Audiobook of the Year Award are:
The Audiobook of the Year Award
recognizes the audiobook that, through quality, innovation, marketing
and sales, has had the most significant impact on the audio industry, explains the APA.
- American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition,
by Neil Gaiman, narrated by Neil Gaiman, Dennis Boutsikaris,
Daniel Oreskes, Ron McLarty, Sarah Jones and a full cast
- Bossypants, written and narrated by Tina Fey (Hachette Audio)
- Go the F**k to Sleep, by Adam Mansbach, narrated by Samuel L. Jackson (Audible)
- Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson, narrated by Dylan Baker with an introduction by the author (Simon & Schuster Audio)
FOR DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENT ...
The four titles selected to compete for the 2012 Distinguished Achievement in Production Award are:
The Distinguished Achievement in Production Award is presented
to an audiobook that demonstrates excellence in all areas of
- The Mark of Zorro, by Yuri Rasovsky, narrated by Val Kilmer and a full cast (Zorro Productions, Inc., and Blackstone Audio, Inc.)
- She Walks in Beauty: A Woman’s Journey Through Poems, selected, introduced and narrated by Caroline Kennedy and a full cast (Hyperion Audio)
- The Watch That Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic,
by Allan Wolf, narrated by Michael Page, Phil Gigante,
Christopher Lane, Laural Merlington and Angela Dawe
(Candlewick on Brilliance Audio)
- The Witches of Lublin,
by Ellen Kushner, Elizabeth Schwartz and Yale Strom, narrated by
Tovah Feldshuh, Neil Gaiman, Simon Jones, Barbara Rosenblat,
Elizabeth Boskey, Joanne Borts, Yelena Shmulenson, Joyce Feurring, Tim
Jerome and a full cast (SueMedia Productions)
"This year has truly shattered the sound barrier,” says Ellen
Myrick, Chair of the Audies judging committee, citing the record number
of submissions and high quality of nominated titles in all categories.
"This year’s finalists have most certainly won new fans to the format
by the thousands."
For information about the Audie Awards the Gala on June 5, visit the APA website: www.audiopub.org.
Your Daily Resource For Voice-Over Success